Welcome to my blog!!!

 

Welcome to my Architectural blog.

 My name is Narmina Nadzhafzade. I study in the DMUIC and in the future I am planning to become an architect. Since my childhood I have been attracted to creative professions and I began to draw,  paint and sculpt. That time my mother saw in me a desire and very soon I begum to study at an art school. I enjoyed studying there, I got inspired by great artists during art history lessons and transferred the inspiration on piece of paper. That is why I decided to connect my life with art.




I like this catheral because of it is unique and unusual architecture. This cathedral symbolizes the fusion of nature and religion, and its details and interior are impressive in their beauty and symbolic meaning.  

The Basilica de la Sagrada Familia, more commonly referred to as the Sagrada Familia, is a Roman Catholic minor basilica located in Barcelona. The story of this still-under-construction masterpiece began all the way back in 1874 when a local organization began campaigning for the construction of a church honoring the Holy Family. After a couple of years of planning and drawing up plans, the church's cornerstone was officially laid on 19th March 1882. This 19th-century church, which is still incomplete, is an architectural marvel and a UNESCO World Heritage site.

19th Century

While Antoni Gaudi is credited as the genius behind the Sagrada Familia, the Basilica was in fact the brainchild of the founder of the Spiritual Association of Devotees of St John, Josep Maria Bocabella. After his visit to Italy in 1872. he wanted to build a church inspired by the Loreto Basilica.

Early 21st Century

A number of elements were added to this basilica during this period of construction thanks to computer-aided technology introduced by Jordi Bonet i Armengol. In 2005, the Nativity facade and the crypt were declared UNESCO World Heritage sites and in 2010, the temple was consecrated by Pope Benedict XVI, officially making it a minor Basilica and opening it for religious worship. (Discover Sagrada Familia’s history 06 oct 2023)


Antoni Gaudi

Antoni Gaudi one of the greatest architect of Modernism. I like his works because of the smoothness of lines and shapes.  

The son of a coppersmith, Antoni Gaudí was in 1852 and took to architecture at a young age. He attended school in Barcelona, the city that would become home to most of his great works. Gaudí was part of the Catalan Modernista movement, eventually transcending it with his nature-based organic style.

Gaudí was born in Catalonia on the Mediterranean coast of Spain on June 25, 1852. He showed an early interest in architecture and went to study in Barcelona — Spain's most modern city at the time — circa 1870. After his studies were interrupted by military service, Gaudí graduated from the Provincial School of Architecture in 1878. (biograhy.com 6 oct 2023)

 

References:

Discover Sagrada Familia’s history: 1882 to today (no date) Discover Sagrada Familia’s History | 1882 to Today. Available at: https://sagradafamilia.barcelona-tickets.com/history-of-sagrada-familia/ (Accessed: 06 October 2023).

(No date) Antoni Gaudí - works, Facts & Death - Biography. Available at: https://www.biography.com/artists/antoni-gaudi (Accessed: 06 October 2023).




Comments

Popular Posts