INITIAL RESEARCH

 Initial research 

For my project I will design Rehabilitation Complex in west part of Ukraine based on Primitivism theme. Based on this topic I was inspired by several artists and architects such as Maria Prymachenko, Victoria Yakusha.  

1. Maria Prymachenko 

For this project my main inspiration were paintings of Maria Prymachenko in animalistic style that in my opinion best way to represent Ukrainian primitive style art. Her works amaze me with their uniqueness and imagination, because I had never seen anything like this before seen masterpieces of this artist. There are many artists in Ukraine who work in this style and each of them is unique, but when I thought about the theme of primitivism, Maria Prymachenko was the artist with whom I associate this style.


Prymachenko’ s masterpieces are inspiring many artists and architects to create artworks. Victoria Yakusha was inspired by her works to create building.

2. Victoria Yakusha 

Victoria Yakusha is Ukrainian artist, architect and interior  designer. She inspired my because of one of the most famous work, which placed in Kyiv. This is museum dedicated to Maria Prymachenko, the artist who I mentioned before. This museum in style of primitivism, also reminds me about Ukrainian traditional hut which called Mazanka. Traditionally such buildings were made of clay and after painted in white colour. Sometimes Ukrainians liked to decorate this houses with floral and animalistic ornaments. 

After completing initial research I got inspiration from Maria Prymachenko’s museum and completes quick sketch:
This building it reminds a bit of mazanka house, which is traditional Ukrainian hata. 

References:
1. Cannibalism and genocide: The horrific visions of Ukraine’s best loved artist (2022) The Guardian. Available at: https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2022/mar/18/ukraine-best-loved-artist-peasant-maria-prymachenko-terrifying-fooled-stalin-dictator (Accessed: 12 March 2024). 
2. Jennifer Hahn |  14 October 2022    Leave a comment (2022) Victoria Yakusha designs museum to preserve Ukrainian Cultural Heritage threatened by invasion, Dezeen. Available at: https://www.dezeen.com/2022/10/14/victoria-yakusha-maria-prymachenko-museum-bolotnya/ (Accessed: 12 March 2024). 





Comments

  1. Update this before your tutorial in Week 3 please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make it clear why you are looking at Prymachenko - she is an inspiration because my theme is Primitivism and I am looking at Ukrainian Folklore artists - include some stories and images from folklore to show your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts