Concept Process

 In this post I will talk about all stages that I have done to create my concept drawing. 

For my project in this term I required to create sketch of my idea in 2-dimensions, it could be or digital or physical sketch. In my previous term I couldn’t reach the good quality of my concept drawing, mostly because of material I used which I could not scan well. In this term I want to try to improve and try some other materials for my physical sketch.

For creating concept drawing I combined traditional and digital materials, I started from 2-point perspective drawing on paper and colour pencils and later developed hand drawing on Procreate. 


Creating my concept drawing I started with drawing quick small sketch to understand from what angle to my drawing will look better. 
After that I on A3 paper I drew the perspective lines and began to draw the general constructions lines of the building, I started from drawing simple rectangle in 2-point perspective, which you  can see on the picture below. 

 


One side of the building is 24 meters, the other one is 16 meters and 13 meters height, taking this into account and the shortening of some lines in 2-point perspective, I roundly drew how this building would look like from the angle I choose for drawing.
Next step I created eclipse around the building. Showcase area is 2,5 meters long, for that I divided central long side on half 10 times, which is approximately right length for the showcase base. Same Principe I used to find out the length of the other side, and then joined all doted together. Same thing I did for top part. 

After constructing main lines I added other elements of the building like floors on glass part, entrance and columns. 
After I finally completed perspective drawing I made several copies of the drawing to try different medias and materials. 
 

Firstly, I decided to make ink pen drawing which can help me to better understand lights and shadows which I will need to depict on the main drawing to make it look better. 

Next I tied to use water based markers, which previously I thought I will use for my main outcome. But for me it was hard to use because I never used this material before, so I decided to use colour pencils which is easy in layering and it gives me opportunity to use the colours which I need. 


Colouring I decided to start from columns and sides of the building, I made mistake by drawing columns in very dark grey colour so when I was drawing sides of the building, all these objects merged. Despite this, I decided to complete this drawing by adding all other parts of the building and adding environment. 



After I completed my drawing and scanned it, I did not get good quality work, with light spaces.

I decided to take picture and improve the lightness and contrast in Photoshop, but even after that I was not satisfied with the outcome which I get. because of that I decided to improve my outcome using software such as Procteate on iPad. 
Firstly I started from facade of the building by adding transparent layer of the colour. 


For my next step I wanted to show a bit inside of a building because the window will be transparent 
After I drew the display on different layer.

Added some more details to the display and after I finalised by adding environment and other details.













Comments

Popular Posts