Final reflection

 At the end of my journey of Foundation year, in this blog, I want to talk about the skills and knowledge which I learned though this three term and especially last term. 

At the beginning of our last term we were given a task of rebuilding the city which were completely burned and our task were to build New Cromwell in Connecticut state, USA. All our group get brief with the project which they will work on next 10 week, for me it was Fashion and Footwear store. Firstly, I thought that this project will not be hard to complete for me, but through all the way while I had difficulties which I will talk about in this blog.

In this term I had new for me experience with collaborating with other my classmates, we needed to collaborate with each others to indicate our site location, in my case I also, collaborated with interior designer.

Our project we started for creating initial ideas, I created many ideas and forms for my future project. Later, when I started direct work with interior designer I encountered some difficulties in form of my supposed building. I had difficulties with creating design suitable for both of us because usually I prefer to create more organic and fluent forms which not suitable for interior designs as it is difficult to complete.  However, after week of attempts of creating new design I managed to create new idea which slightly changed over the term. At the end I created final floor plans with help of my colleague. In my opinion this collaboration gone well and I get some experience from it which will help me in the future.

In last term, one of my weaknesses were the lack of digital outcomes and work with different softwares. One of my goals for this term where to learn more about them and use them for my outcomes. In this term I managed to use various softwares such as Procreate, AutoCad and ArcSite. As my biggest progression I made with using Procreate, I find it easy in developing my handmade outcomes, creating clear, accurate and neat elevation, section and floor plan drawings. I couldn’t fully use ArcSite for my outcomes but this software helped me to accurately create my site plan. Other software that I used were AutoCad which I also fully discovered, but despite this in this term I had good familiarity with this software which helped me to create my 3D model. In terms of getting familiar with digital architecture software, Foundation year and especially term three gave me great start. 


Overall, working closely with my classmates and an interior designer taught me a lot about teamwork and being flexible. The design process had its ups and downs as I tried to balance my love for organic, flowing designs with practical interior design needs. But through persistence and working together, we created a final floor plan that worked for both of us. I also focused on improving my digital skills, learning how to use Procreate, AutoCAD, and ArcSite. These tools helped me a lot and boosted my technical abilities. This Foundation year, especially the last term, has been crucial in shaping how I approach design and collaboration, giving me a solid foundation for my future projects.


Comments

Popular Posts